The Magic of Magento 2.0: New Ecommerce Shopping Cart Features
If you run an eCommerce website or are a web developer, you may have heard that Magento launched its new open source platform on November 17th. With news of the new PrestaShop theme set to arrive in 2016, it was a no-brainer that Magento would also be increasing their robust eCommerce platform.
Already being one of the top open source platforms available, Magento 2.0 now comes with a bunch of benefits that will make you want to upgrade ASAP like “enhanced performance and scalability, new features to boost conversion rates, and business agility and productivity improvements.”
“This platform release is a foundational milestone that extends Magento’s market share and innovation leadership into the next decade. It is the platform of the future that our partners and customers can rely on to keep their businesses constantly ahead of the innovation curve, and comfortably ahead of their competitors.” (Mark Lavelle, CEO of Magento Commerce)
Sounds spectacular, but what are you really getting when you decide to upgrade to Magento 2.0? Better EVERYTHING.
New Features of Magento 2.0
- Easy, Flexible Architecture makes it easy to customize your Magento shopping cart.
- Responsive Design, Simple Checkout and Fast Account Creation provide user-friendly, engaging online shopping experiences for customers.
- Improved User Interface Design and New Business Tools allow you to easily navigate your Magento website, manage products and view important customer information at any time.
- Greater Performance Capability thanks to Speedy Load Times (50% faster) and Enterprise-Grade Scalability to support business growth.
- Safe and Secure Integrations with multiple payment systems like WorldPay, Braintree, CyberSource and PayPal.
- Modular style simplifies the maintenance of your Magento shopping cart and makes it easier to obtain quarterly platform updates.
Move to Magento 2.0? These Early Adopter Merchants Already Have…
With stiff competition like PrestaShop, it’s no wonder why Magento has so drastically upped their game. If your eCommerce website is already on Magento, upgrading is a smart move. Merchants that decided to better their business and migrate to Magento 2.0 include Seat, Alcatel Onetouch, Sol, Cultcha Kids and Venroy.
One of the great things about having a Magento website is that it’s specifically built for eCommerce to begin with. That’s why over 150,000 online stores, including big name brands like Samsung and Ford, run on Magento.
26% of the top 1 million websites are powered with Magento, according to Alexa ranking. Another survey declared Magento as the most renowned eCommerce platform, holding 31% of the market share.
Curious about switching to a Magento cart or upgrading your current website to Magento 2.0? Contact our web design team at J.M. Field Fulfillment for a free quote today!