What to Consider Before Choosing a Fulfillment Company
Does a fulfillment company need to have experience with a product in order to do the best job? The answer is, no. When it comes to outsourcing your fulfillment needs to a third party fulfillment company, there are several things you should look for, but finding a company that is specifically knowledgeable about your product should not be at the top of the list.
Your order fulfillment company should have an advance inventory management system and be efficient at picking and packing a large number of orders. It doesn’t matter if it’s coffee, shoes, brochures, floor tiles or trade show displays. The important factor is that they know how to effectively package and process your orders with a quick turn-around time.
Here are a few questions to ask the fulfillment company:
- Do they have the space requirements to store a large amount of merchandise whether it’s 100 pallets or 5,000 pallets?
- Do they have the ability to pick and pack five items for an order, only cases of products or both?
- Are they experienced in business-to-business fulfillment, direct-to-consumer or both?
- Will they provide you with reports about your inventory and the number of orders processed daily, weekly or monthly?
- Can they process rush orders?
- Do they accept returns and how do they process them?
- Can they handle complex and large scale assembly projects?
So after you’ve gotten answers to all these questions you can make your decision. Now after considering all the options, you may decide that J.M. Field Fulfillment’s fulfillment service has the order fulfillment experience you need. Now you can relax and concentrate on what you do best, looking after your business.